Sunday, March 13, 2011

Baby Number Two

So this week I started thinking about how I needed to print out my blogs for Caleb's baby book so he could read one day. And then I realized...the second one won't have such a cool gift. I started thinking about how my mom worked so hard on my baby book and my poor sister was lucky to get a few pictures in it. I know that life with two children is going to be very hectic, especially since much of my time is outside of my home. So I decided that there is a good chance my second child's baby book will not be great either but at least until he/she gets here I have the time to write about this pregnancy.

I went back to read about my first trimester with Caleb and I wrote very little about how I felt. I wanted to compare the two but unfortunately all I have is my memory. I remember with Caleb I was nauseous all the time. Unfortunately that has not been much different with the second. However with this one I get very intense waves that practically incapacitate me. For example one day at work I had a client in the waiting room and instead of going to get her I am laying on my desk in my office trying to fight the urge to vomit! Also around 4pm everyday I have been getting a very strong wave of nausea. This is poor timing because it makes deciding what to cook for dinner very difficult. One other very unfortunate part of this pregnancy has been the headaches. I have struggled with headaches for many years but when I was pregnant with Caleb I didn't have any. However with this baby it has been terrible. I have a theory about this but will let you know after we find out the sex :-)

Although I was nervous the first time about being a mother I feel like I'm more nervous about having two children. At first I was scared because I didn't think I could love another child as much. However as this pregnancy progresses I can already tell I have plenty of room in my heart for two or more. However as much as we love Caleb he was a challenging baby and is turning into a very spirited toddler. My mom continues to say "there is no way you will have two the same", and I know most people don't, but there is always a chance we could. So I continue to pray that God will give me and Michael what we need to be good parents to two children despite their temperaments.

God we are so excited for this blessing of a second child. It comes with a different set of worries and fears. We pray you would remind us that you are The Good Father and you love us perfectly. You use our personalities and temperaments for your glory. Help us to love and nurture our children the way you do us.

1 comment: